The aviation logistics industry, as one of the components of global logistics industry, grows and changes rapidly through its fast and reliable transportation characteristics. As a result, the demand of the industry
for skilled labor force that is qualified in regulatory and economic environments in which it operates has been increasing over recent years. Additionally, the aviation logistics industry needs for skilled labor in aviation data
analyzing and forecasting methods to operate its logistics processes in an economically efficient way.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- have adequate knowledge in aviation, logistics and supply chain and computing tools to make decisions in new or unpredictable environments of aviation logistics.
- formulate and solve a complex aviation logistics problems involving human, material, machinery, money, information, time and energy elements; analyze and design it under realistic constraints and conditions.
- use information technologies effectively with the knowledge of aviation logistics.
- design and conduct experiments, gather data, analyze and interpret results for investigating complex aviation logistics research questions.
- work efficiently in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary teams by collaborating effectively, in addition to an individual effective working ability.
- enhance critical thinking skill by integrating relevant information, decision-making techniques, and concepts through the interdisciplinary aviation logistics area.
- communicate effectively, using information technology and oral and written skills to enhance decision making process through better communication.
- be aware of the importance of lifelong learning.
- make ethical and legal business decisions by considering cultural differences.
- recognize the importance of entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainable development.
- have knowledge of the global and social effects of aviation logistics on health environment, and safety, and contemporary issues of the century reflected into the field of aviation logistics.
Designed for aviation professionals and people who have interest in aviation logistics, the master’s degree in Aviation Logistics with an emphasis in data science offers a broad-based curriculum for students to gain a mastery of the field. Students will complete aviation, logistics, business analytics and data science coursework and apply key disciplinary skills as practitioners in aviation logistics industry to critical issues in the following domains of the Master of Science in Aviation Logistics with an emphasis in data science program
- Operations Research
- Revenue Management in Air Cargo Transportation
- Production Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Air Cargo Management
- Airline Management
- Air Transportation Economics
- Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Analysis and Design of Algorithms
The curriculum of the program has been designed in such a way that information about the stages that a commodity or service has passed from production to the end-user through the aviation logistics along with offering courses in business
analytics and data science so that the graduates would have knowledge to identify which data and methodologies are best suited to approaching for a given problem in the industry. For this purpose, the curriculum has been build on the
interdisciplinary basis that consist of courses in aviation, logistics, business analytics and data science.
Click for details of cirriculum
The aviation logistics has a very large operational field as comprising the intersection area of aviation and logistics. Besides, the related industry demands for qualified labor force. In this manner, the graduates of this program would start or advance their career in the following businesses and organizations:
- Airport authorities
- Transportation firms
- Material handling, equipment manufacturers and dealers
- Logistic service providers
- Free trade zones
- Universities and flight schools (professors/instructors)
- Aerospace/aviation software/computer service firms
- Management/executive recruiting firms
- Air freight
- Other service firms
- Retail sales firms
- International Aviation Organizations
Master of Science in Aviation Logistics with an emphasis in data science program offers is a year-round and online master’s degree program.
Students have to succeed 8 required and 2 elective course work and a capstone project in order to be graduated from the non-thesis program. Students, who want to have a thesis master degree diploma, have to succeed aforementioned course work and a master thesis.
The non-thesis program and thesis programs have 33 and 36 credit hours, respectively.
The program length is minimum 3 study semester and every semester have 14-week courses and 2-week examination, except summer semester.
The program length can differ if the student is a transfer student.