The Business Analytics program is to help students learn and analyze data and use statistical and mathematical methods in the decision making process within the business environment. Students will be encouraged to analyze and solve
problems using real time data to gain the insights into businesses. They will also develop analytical skills such as machine learning and optimization.
The objective of the program is to help students learn and analyze data and use statistical and mathematical methods in the decision making process within the business environment. Students will be encouraged to analyze and solve problems using real time data to gain the insights into businesses. They will also develop analytical skills such as machine learning and optimization.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to;
- Have depth knowledge of analytical models for decision making.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to identify and describe complex business problems
- Consult with business partners to understand problems and goals, understand business. value, and translate into business opportunities to be captured through predictive analytics solutions.
- Demonstrate superior communication skills, and ability to develop and participate in presentations and consultations to business stakeholders on analytics results and solutions.
- Demonstrate ethical decision-making in structured or unstructured and ambiguous situations.
- Apply appropriate analytical methods to find solutions to business problems that achieve stated objectives.
- Exhibit effective collaboration interpersonal and leadership skills to be highly effective business managers and leaders; demonstrate self-awareness, emotional intelligence, curiosity, visionary and strategic thinking, teamwork, reflection and knowledge transfer skills
- Integrate appropriate information and other technologies, both existing and emerging, in developing business processes and business models.
- Identify the potential and challenges of applying data analytics in a business environment
Like the students in a Data Science Master’s Degree Program, Business Analytics students will learn how to discover data trends under specific business domains while recognizing which analytical tool is most
effective for solving the problem at hand. The program consists of a core curriculum that firstly provides the students with the necessary statistical and computational foundations and then allows them the option to choose subjects from
both the Marketing and Data Science modules, which are the specialized tracks of the program.
The Curriculum of the program has been designed as 9 required courses, 2 elective courses and a project for the non-thesis program. The total course work is 36 credit hours for the non-thesis program. Students, who may want to graduate from thesis program, will write a master thesis after completion of the course work of the program. Total course work for thesis program is 39 credit hours.
Click for details of cirriculum
The rise of big data has led to a boom in business analytics careers and, along with that, a growing number of people seeking an MsC in Business Analytics. People who are both naturally curious and trained in data analysis can have a
huge impact on a business, driving important decisions that improve internal operations or identify future opportunities that could spark new growth. Observations such as these could provide a better understanding of business conditions
or point to future actions that would benefit the company.
There are wide employment opportunities for the graduates of the Business Analytics Master’s program ranging from multinational companies, consulting firms, and finance and banking organizations to non-profit organizations.
Master of Science in Business Analytics program is a year-round and online master’s degree program.
Students have to succeed 9 required and 2 elective course work and a project in order to be graduated from the non-thesis program. Students, who want to have a thesis master degree diploma, have to succeed aforementioned course work and
a master thesis. Elective courses of the program can be selected from courses in Marketing, Aviation Logistics and Data Science.
The non-thesis program and thesis programs have 36 and 39 credit hours, respectively.
The program length is minimum 3 study semester and every semester have 14-week courses and 2-week examination, except summer semester.
The program length can differ if the student is a transfer student.